Epson WorkForce WF-3640 All-in-One Printer
Epson WorkForce WF-3640 Review & Guide
Epson WorkForce WF-3640 is an all-in-one printer ideal for home business or small offices that offers enhanced productivity and also flexible paper handling. This wireless printer easily prints from mobile devices with lower printing cost up to 40% than printing cost of color laser. The performance of Epson WorkForce WF-3640 beyond Laser because this printer is powered by PrecisionCore, a technology using a high-density print chip which generate up to 40 million precise dots per second with astonishing accuracy, producing professional quality output at dramatic speeds.
Epson WorkForce WF-3640 Pros:
- “Stand alone” printer with four capabilities: print, copy, scan, and fax. There’s no need to connected to your PC, the port on the lower left corner of the frontal panel or the integrated multi-media card reader can be used to print, copy, or fax from removable media.
- There are two separate paper trays to enable you put two different kind of paper, you can make the printer ready to print anytime.
- Programmable presets for different settings of copy, fax, and scan via the touch screen.
- Auto-feed and two-sided scan/copy/fax option.
- Helpful indexing marks on paper tray join with easily adjustable guides for hassle-free paper loading.
Epson WorkForce WF-3640 Cons:
- The scanning interface software default to some options for file naming and storage locations is not intuitive.
- The use of Ethernet connectivity to scan operation requires slightly more times.
- There are some quirks on the touch-screen interface for saving and editing presets.
- A bit more complicated to access the printer status and settings information via local web services for Ethernet and wireless users although most of the printer settings can be configured from the touch screen.
- There are only two option of mail client: Outlook and Windows Live for scanning to email as an attachment function.
Epson WorkForce WF-3640 Features:
- ISO print speed of 19 ISO ppm (black) and 10 ISO ppm (color)
- Easily print from anywhere: smartphone, iPad, iPhone, tablets, and more.
- Save up to 50% on paper with automatic two-sided printing and copying.
- Save on ink and get professional quality prints with lower printing costs up to 40% than color laser.
- Paper capacity up to 500 sheets, with additional tray for specialty paper including envelopes, labels, and card stock.
- Intuitive 3.5” color LCD with gesture navigation.
- Performance beyond laser
- Extremely durable prints
Epson WorkForce WF-3640 Maintenance:
Replacing the maintenance Box for Epson WorkForce WF-3640. Before we start removing the maintenance box, it is important to remember that you have to be ready with a new maintenance box. It is not recommended to reuse a maintenance box that has been removed and left uninstalled for more than a week. Do not store the maintenance box under direct sunlight. Well, when you are ready, follow the steps below:
- Remove the new maintenance box from its package without touching the green chip on the maintenance box.
- Press the tab and remove the duplexer (rear cover).
- Gasp the maintenance box and pull it out of its holder.
- Place the used maintenance box in the plastic bag that came with the new maintenance box. Seal the bag and dispose of it carefully.
- Insert the new maintenance box into the holder and push it all the way in.
- Reattach the duplexer (rear cover).